Cambridge Area Brass Band Engagements for 2012
To book the brass band for a concert, garden party, church fete or other function telephone the secretary. Please see our contacts page for details.
We play many concerts throughout the year, in a wide variety of styles, including traditional marches and hymns, show and film tunes, popular music and some classical arrangements.
This page also supports an RSS Feed which allows your browser to quickly check for updates to this page, so you'll always be up to date with changes. Any time you see an RSS like logo , it usually means you can subscribe. Go on, click it now, and add it to your news feeds!
This calendar is now available electronically in Internet Calendar and Scheduling format (ICS). To subscribe, click the link, or if you're running an older email client, right click the link, and save the calendar to your computer, so you can import it into another program (like Outlook 2000).
- Cottenham Brass 2011 engagements
- Friday, January 27, RNLI Concert, St. James' Church, Wulfstan Way, Cambridge, 19.30pm
Raised £900 map
- Thursday, February 2, AGM , 7 PM
- Tuesday, February 28, Rehearsal with David Read
- Saturday, March 17, Regional Contest at Stevenage Art and Leisure Centre
Early rehearsal at Community Arts Centre, Roaring Meg, Stevenage
- Saturday, April 14, Wood Green Animal Shelter, 12 noon, and 2pm, map
West Anglia Easter Country Show
- Wednesday 9 to Saturday 12 May, Cottenham Theater Workshop production of
It's a Lovely Day Tomorrow!
- Sunday, June 10, Ely Jubilee Bandstand 2.30 - 4.30 map
- Saturday, June 23, Oakington Pavillion, 2:30-4:30pm map
- Sunday, July 1 Abbots Ripton Garden Show 2012 11:30 AM map
- Saturday, July 14, Godmanchester Church Fete 2 - 4pm, PE29 2AQ view map
- Sunday 22nd July, Riverside Park, St Neots 2.30-4.30pm Map and Info
- Saturday, August 18, Orwell Show, 1:30 pm start - 4pm map
- Thursday, September 6, Red Lion Beer Festival, Histon, 7:45 pmmap
- Sunday, September 9, Jesus Green Cambridge, 3:00-5:00pm
- Saturday, September 15, Parkers Piece, 12 noon and 2pm, map
The Cambridge Food and Garden Festival
- Saturday, October 6, Beer Festival, Chequers at Little Gransden, 3:00-5:00 map
- Saturday, October 13 Feast Concert, Cottenham Primary School
Advance tickets available soon!
- Sunday, October 14 Feast Parade, 2:00 pm, Leave yard 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 11, Cottenham War Memorial 10.30 am
- Saturday, November 24, Godmanchester Christmas Bazaar, 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Friday, November 30, Histon Methodist Church, 7:00pm map
- Friday, December 7, Offord Cluny Christmas Concert, 8:00 pm map
- Saturday, December 8, Oakington Brownies, 2-4 pm map
- Friday, December 14, Carols at Girton Social Club map
- Sunday, December 16, Leper Chapel, 6:30 pm, map
- Tuesday, December 18, Carols on the Green, Cottenham, 6.30 pm
- Sunday, December 23, Carols Cambridge Blue Pub, 7.00 pm
- Tuesday, December 25, Carols at the Old People's Homes,
10:15 am Fitzwilliam House,
11:00 am Histon
Each year during the summer months, the band plays at garden and church fetes. As we approach Christmas, carol concerts keep us fairly busy. Over the years several thousand pounds have been raised for various local and national charities.